Saturday, March 28, 2009

White Denim

Every music scene has one particular band that the locals think should be way bigger than they actually are. For me, that band is Austin's own White Denim. I first stumbled upon this band about two years ago while going to see Tokyo Police Club in concert at Emo's. White Denim was playing as I walked in and I thought they were amazing though I had no idea they were a local act. I've seen them several times since then but last night at Antone's they put on the best show I've seen by them yet. They've gotten much better as a band and the transitions they were making during songs were amazing. They sound like no one else which is rare these days. The bassist was the first thing I noticed about White Denim but last night, lead singer James Petralli really impressed me with his guitar chops. Aside from Spoon, who already have enough accolades as it is, White Denim is the best band in Austin.

No comments: