Monday, August 18, 2008

Loudest Bands

I saw the band - A Place To Bury Strangers - tonight at Emo's and it got me to thinking about the loudest bands I've ever seen live. Yes, it's list time and this list is in no particular order except for numero uno.
1)Mogwai - Somewhat mellow on record, yet anything but mellow live in concert. This is absolutely the loudest band I've ever seen. With a huge wall of amps stacked on top of each other, I'm surprised the band didn't blow themselves off stage. Everyone in the audience seemed to be in pain.
2)Jucifer - Tiny, tiny club...tons and tons of amps. The husband/wife duo that is Jucifer brought more amps than there were people at the show.
3)A Place To Bury Strangers - feedback...distortion...smoke from smoke machine...repeat.
4)Mission of Burma - The best band out of Boston. Don't let the old guys fool you - they are not for the faint of heart.
5)Comets on Fire - An absolute sonic assault with a couple of guitarists on stage seemingly trying to out-loud the other.

P.S. There's not a video out there that I could possibly post that would do any of these bands justice...you'll just have to take my word for it.

No comments: