Monday, October 6, 2008

Thoughts

This Saturday night, I will see for the first time, Wayne Coyne's(lead singer of the Flaming Lips) movie - Christmas On Mars. I have been waiting for this movie FOREVER. It was supposed to be released last year and the year before and so on and so on. If you are not familiar with the Flaming Lips' music, let me just say that Wayne Coyne is the closest thing to being a rock star without actually being well known...he will be in attendance at the screening at the Alamo Drafthouse and I am absolutely stoked...

This past weekend, I saw Bill Maher's Religulous which I thought was pretty terrible and I'm an atheist. Do you really need to be condescending when trying to make a point?? If people are Christian than so be it. I don't care. I disagree with many things regarding Christianity...yet all Bill Maher can do is point out how smart he is and how stupid everyone else is because they believe in a higher power?? You can't enlighten people by being an asshole, Bill.

OJ. Stop being so obsessed with OJ. JESUS CHRIST. It bothers me more that child molesters are allowed back into society to live in neighborhoods where children play. OJ??? I could give a shit about him. What absolutely baffles me about OJ is that he was convicted of KIDNAPPING charges.
kidnap |ˈkidˌnap|
verb ( -napped , -napping ; also -naped, -naping) [ trans. ]
take (someone) away illegally by force, typically to obtain a ransom.
OJ DID NOT KIDNAP ANYONE. What's going on here?
Lastly, if we passed a bill to bail out the economy, which I might add, cost taxpayers 7 billion dollars, why did the Dow drop below 10,000 for the first time in four years?? I thought this bill was supposed to stabilize the economy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill Maher is simply an asshole. He is. All the time. (I hate to admit it, but my last name is a variation of his...)

Anytime I have ever seen that guy he acts like he is so damn smart. it is obnoxious. Kind of like O'Reilly.

As for OJ, he is so fucking smug and I hope he is locked up for a very long time. I am sure that the Goldman family gives a shit whether or not that mofo is walking free. Wasn't he charged with kidnapping because he refused to let the man he robbed call the police? IDK, but I wish he would disappear, along with many other so called "celebrities".

Oh, and WHERE IS MY BAILOUT, GODDAMNIT?

Hey Derek....we haven't discussed politics in a while....damn democrats anyway! =]

Sorry, I probably sound like a damn spaz with this comment...

Caste Away U.S.A. said...

I'm going to email you. I got LOTS to talk about.